There have been very few, if any, deaths related to gun accidents in the sport of trapshooting. Gun safety is Job 1 while trapshooting. Some simple rules include:
1. Never move from station to station with a loaded shell in your gun.
2. Always keep the gun pointed downrange.
3. Never carry a loaded gun when not on the firing line.
4. Be alert to trap boys leaving the trap house while the round is in progress.
5. You must keep the action open on your gun at all times while moving to and from the trap line as well as moving from post to post while you are shooting.
6. Never "track" a target while waiting to shoot after the squad in front of you
7. Never turn around to face the scorekeeper with a loaded gun.
8. Keep your gun in good mechanical condition.
There will be no alcohol sold at the Laramie Trap Club
The LTC Board of Directors needs more assistance with club functions from the membership. To keep the price of leagues the same next year will require more participation from the membership. Please help on the “Club Work Days” that will be advertised at the club and on the web site. Talk to a board member about what you can do to help. Without this, the price of memberships/leagues will have to go up to continue maintaining the club facilities.
Cost of membership is only $50.00 per year. You won't find a better deal anywhere with access to Trap, skeet and 5 stand. Membership benefits include a discount on all practice rounds. Membership dues all go directly to the club to help maintain our fields, equipment and facilities. Our board members are all volunteer, so all proceeds from shoots and memberships go directly back to the club.
Just added during the summer of 2013 our 5 stand field offers everything you would expect from a professionally designed and well equipped course of fire. Currently offering 9 different throwers and an endless possible combination of targets, this course will keep you coming back for more.
Tokens must be purchased and paid for prior to shooting any practice round. The trap help will be instructed to not allow any shooter on the practice traps without first receiving a practice round token from that shooter. These tokens may be purchased at the office counter at any time during business hours and in any quantity desired. Ten (10) round punch cards are also available at a discount.
Token Costs will be:
Single Trap Round Member Price: $6.00 Non-Member price: $7.00
Single Skeet Round Member Price: $6.00 Non-Member price: $7.00
Single 5-Stand Member Price: $7.00 Non-Member price: $8.00
10 Round Trap or Skeet punch card is $50.00 members only
10 Round 5 Stand punch card is $60.00 members only
The longer you wait, the further you’re getting from your goal. Those clays aren't breaking themselves. Make the commitment to be a better shooter. We are here to provide a clean, safe shooting club that offers Trap, Skeet and Trap.
Laramie Trap Club